cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
StatsGuy
Level I

Generate/export JMP graph (histogram, cumulative distribution, survival analysis) as tabular data?

I am wondering if there is a way to export the histogram, cumulative distribution function (CDF), and Kaplan-Meier style survival curve graphs I created in jump as simple x and y coordinate data that I could then use in another graph program.  Is there a way to do this natively in JMP?  If not, is it at all possible to write a script to do this?

Below are some simplified examples that I did manually - I'm wondering if there is a way to have JMP do this for me.

Example done manuallyExample done manually

Second example done manuallySecond example done manually

Third example done manuallyThird example done manually

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Generate/export JMP graph (histogram, cumulative distribution, survival analysis) as tabular dat

The answer is yes.

For the histogram table, you can easily specify to "Save the Midpoints".  That will create a new column in your data table, which you can then simply use "Analyze==>Tabulate" to create the table you specified.

For the CDF, you can "Save the Prob Score", which like the above, creates a new column.  You can then determine whatever groupings you want, and from there find the Probability for that value.

The Survival Plot is pretty much the same as above.  You can   "Save the Estimates".  That creates a new data table with the raw data column and the Survival estimate column, which contains the data for the Survival Plot.  Once again, from those data you can get the table you want.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Generate/export JMP graph (histogram, cumulative distribution, survival analysis) as tabular dat

The answer is yes.

For the histogram table, you can easily specify to "Save the Midpoints".  That will create a new column in your data table, which you can then simply use "Analyze==>Tabulate" to create the table you specified.

For the CDF, you can "Save the Prob Score", which like the above, creates a new column.  You can then determine whatever groupings you want, and from there find the Probability for that value.

The Survival Plot is pretty much the same as above.  You can   "Save the Estimates".  That creates a new data table with the raw data column and the Survival estimate column, which contains the data for the Survival Plot.  Once again, from those data you can get the table you want.

Jim
StatsGuy
Level I

Thanks - this works perfectly!