cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Friedman ranking test, am I doing it right?

Hi,

I just discover that this test has been implemented on JMP, and before I found that out, I was doing the rank of my data distribution and then an ANOVA test on FIT Y by X (as described here: Friedman test on JMP? ). I want to know if I still have to rank my data before applying Friedman's test, or if that isn't necessary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Friedman ranking test, am I doing it right?

The documentation in the Basic Analysis document does not indicate that you need to provided ranked data.  Additionally, the vast majority of platforms in JMP do not require prior processing.  Therefore, it is my assumption that you do not have to rank the data before running the platform.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

The documentation in the Basic Analysis document does not indicate that you need to provided ranked data.  Additionally, the vast majority of platforms in JMP do not require prior processing.  Therefore, it is my assumption that you do not have to rank the data before running the platform.

Jim

Thanks for your help Jim! I got confused because of the different results I get doing the ANOVA on the ranked variables or the Friedman test.