cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Screen Size Issue

I have written a script that includes a RECT and an annotation in it.  On a large desktop monitor, the script works perfectly, however on a smaller laptop screen, the annotation moves almost off the screen entirely.  Is there a way to lock scripts to ensure that my graph looks the same on all monitors? 

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Screen Size Issue

It sounds like your monitors are not just different in size, but different in resolution capabilities.  I am not sure what you are saying when you ask about locking a script?  What I think you need to do, is to determine the window size or the specific graph's size that you are going to be displaying to, and then adjust the rectangle to fit those dimensions.

Jim
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Screen Size Issue

Are you using the rect({...}) command in a graphics script to draw inside of a graph? Or are you using an annotation rectangle (typically from the toolbar, but also scriptable) to draw a rectangle on top of a report (not just inside a graph)? Annotations, including the rectangle, have a parent displaybox that they are relative to. Using the right parent as an anchor will help.

Rect({...}) in a graphic script is usually with respect to the graph's coordinates, and Jim's suggestions are correct.

Craige