cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
audreystlo
Level I

Fit model using stepwise method

Hi,

In the context of my PhD, I'm doing a Fit model using stepwise method to determine the set of factors that best explain my variable of interest (energy balance). When I click on GO this alert message appear:  ALERT: Failed to converge (step-halving limit). I have put 50 variables in the construct model effect box. Then I clicked on RUN. I choose my stopping rule and direction and clicked on GO. Did I miss something? See photos attached. Thanks for your help.JMP1.JPGJMP2.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Re: Fit model using stepwise method

I see that 5848 rows are excluded. What is the basis for excluding those rows? How many rows are included?

I see that your response, energy_BEE, is ordinal. How many levels? How are the levels determined?

This response leads to the step-wise procedure for ordinal logistic regression with cumulative logits by default. Is that arrangement reasonable for your data and modeling?

Are the predictor variables collinear for the included rows?

Have you explored the distribution of the response and predictor variables for the included rows to see if you have a separate issue or any other problem with the data used for the ordinal logistic regression?