cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ThoYala
Level I

Fit Y by X by 2 category of X axis as graph builder

I would like to have Fit Y by X graph for easy view as graph builder.

Expect Graph.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fit Y by X by 2 category of X axis as graph builder

Fit Y by X is intended for simple but common cases involving a single dependent and single independent variable. The continuous Y role and categorical X role in your example would actually launch the Oneway platform. This platform does not work with two nested categorial variables in the X role.

So JMP provides Graph Builder for general visualization and Fit Least Squares for general modeling and testing for cases with more than one independent variable.

txnelson
Super User

Fit Y by X is a specialized platform that only handles one Y and one X per analysis. The Fit Model is the platform you might need to be using, if you are looking for a mullti factor ANOVA or you may be able to get the graph you want from the Variability Chart platform

Analyze==>Quality and Process==>Variability Chart

var1.PNG

If you can be more specific in what you are looking for out of the Fit Y by X, a better solution may be determined.

Jim
ThoYala
Level I

Thanks you very much. It is fit my expectation.