cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shapirodjs0
Level I

Fishers Exact Test in JMP Pro

JMP Pro is reported to have the ability to perform the Fishers Exact test on tables larger then 2x2.  In the case of a 2x2 table if the numbers are small the exact test is generated automatically (both in the regular and pro version).  How do I access the Fishers Exact test in Pro when the table is larger than 2x2 (3x2 or larger)

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Fishers Exact Test in JMP Pro

It should be in red triangle menu for the Contingency Analysis.

12664_JMPScreenSnapz041.png

-Jeff

-Jeff
shapirodjs0
Level I

Thank you.  Ultimately the issue was that I had 2 versions of JMP installed on the same computer.  What I found was that when I tried to open JMP-PRO it always defaulted to the basic JMP version installed.  I removed the basic JMP software and was able to use the Pro version that has the feature.

masandberg
Level II

Please provide me with a citation for using Fisher's Exact Test on a table larger than 2 x 2?  Thanks.

1. Freeman, G. H., and Halton, J. H. (1951). “Note on an Exact Treatment of Contingency, Goodness of Fit, and Other Problems of Significance.” Biometrika 38:141–149.