cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
monty
Level I

Finding patterns between temprature and faults

Hi,

I am looking to find patterns/trends between the number of faults we get in our systems and the the ambient temprature. I am using JMP to do this and like to know what is the best way of doing this. I have a year's worth of data and not sure what is the best way to analyse this.

Does anybody know?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
senatorx
Level III

Re: Finding patterns between temprature and faults

It sounds like you suspect that having a higher or lower temperature is causing the faults.  I think you need to create some summary data, such as number of faults per month, along with the average temperature for the month.  Another way you might look at it is a day time group vs. night time group.  Since day hours have higher average temp. than night time, you would see a mismatch in the number of faults between the day and night groups.

monty
Level I

Re: Finding patterns between temprature and faults

Yes, I think that temprature has an impact. I have a year's data and have done linear graphs to see if there is any relationships between the two. As the number of faults falls over the weekend and then go high at the begining of the week, the results I get are inconsistant and there does not seem to be a relationship. However we know ther eis one as on hot days, we get more faults reported.

any suggestions as how to go aboutr finding the relationship between the two?

thanks