cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Finding Risk Ratio Help

Hello everyone, can someone please outline the steps on how to obtain a risk ratio with 95% confidence interval and p-value? I tried to follow the directions on the JMP help site but I do not have the risk ratio option in the "Fit by Y" Contingency Analysis. I have JMP pro 15. Thank you for your time and help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Finding Risk Ratio Help

Hi,

Based on the limited information you provided, I assume that you are looking for Odds Ratio in the Fit Y by X > Logistic Fit platform. If it is the case, read on, otherwise please provide more details.

1. Table format:
    1. Your Ys are categorical values (e.g., YES, NO; or A, B) stacked into one column (in my example: STATUS)
    2. Your Xs are continuous values stacked into a second column (in my example: MEASUREMENTS)
  2. Platform:
    1. Go to Analyze > Fit Y by X
    2. Set your categorical column as Y
    3. Set your continuous column as X
    4. Thierry_S_0-1627166214366.png

5. Click OK
  3. Expand Analysis:
    1. In the top left menu, select: Odds Ratio
    2. Thierry_S_1-1627166356968.png

3. The Parameters Estimate will give you the Odds Ratio for the levels included in the Ys.

I hope it helps.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,

Based on the limited information you provided, I assume that you are looking for Odds Ratio in the Fit Y by X > Logistic Fit platform. If it is the case, read on, otherwise please provide more details.

1. Table format:
    1. Your Ys are categorical values (e.g., YES, NO; or A, B) stacked into one column (in my example: STATUS)
    2. Your Xs are continuous values stacked into a second column (in my example: MEASUREMENTS)
  2. Platform:
    1. Go to Analyze > Fit Y by X
    2. Set your categorical column as Y
    3. Set your continuous column as X
    4. Thierry_S_0-1627166214366.png

5. Click OK
  3. Expand Analysis:
    1. In the top left menu, select: Odds Ratio
    2. Thierry_S_1-1627166356968.png

3. The Parameters Estimate will give you the Odds Ratio for the levels included in the Ys.

I hope it helps.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
Thierry_S
Super User

By bad: I did not read carefully your question: you were asking for Contingency platform.

Sorry

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse

Thank you very much for that information, I was able to find the odds ratio with your help!