cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ShreyasP
Level I

Filtering through Scatterplot Matrix to find significant interactions

I have a large data set and I am interested in visualizing unique interactions. I made a scatterplot matrix displayed with fit lines and 95% confidence intervals. Is there a way to filter the matrix to select for or display interactions by significance or p-value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Filtering through Scatterplot Matrix to find significant interactions

Hi,

@txnelson 's suggestion is a good one. The Response Screening platform is very powerful.

However, I am not sure if that is what you need. I don't think you mean "interactions" - interaction effects are where one predictor variable influences the effect of another predictor variable on the response variable.

I think you really just mean that you want to find significant correlations out of all pairwise correlations of your variables.

You can do this with the Multivariate platform (Analyze > Multivariate Methods > Multivariate). Add your variables in the Y, Columns role as you did for the scatterplot matrix and click OK. 

You can bring up a list of all pairwise correlations, including p-values, from the red triangle menu for Multivariate:

Phil_Kay_0-1652952254497.png

By right-clicking on the column headers you have the option to sort by the p-value column:

Phil_Kay_1-1652952414731.png

If you right-click on this table you can "Make into Data Table", which will make this into a new jmp table, if that is useful.

I hope that helps.

Phil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

The Response Screening  Platform

Analyze=>Screening=>Response Screening

The platform produces a data table with the pvalues, which will allow you to sort them, and using the built in scripts, you will be able to display their plots.

Jim
Phil_Kay
Staff

Hi,

@txnelson 's suggestion is a good one. The Response Screening platform is very powerful.

However, I am not sure if that is what you need. I don't think you mean "interactions" - interaction effects are where one predictor variable influences the effect of another predictor variable on the response variable.

I think you really just mean that you want to find significant correlations out of all pairwise correlations of your variables.

You can do this with the Multivariate platform (Analyze > Multivariate Methods > Multivariate). Add your variables in the Y, Columns role as you did for the scatterplot matrix and click OK. 

You can bring up a list of all pairwise correlations, including p-values, from the red triangle menu for Multivariate:

Phil_Kay_0-1652952254497.png

By right-clicking on the column headers you have the option to sort by the p-value column:

Phil_Kay_1-1652952414731.png

If you right-click on this table you can "Make into Data Table", which will make this into a new jmp table, if that is useful.

I hope that helps.

Phil