cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
spoikayil
Level II

Filtering Pareto charts by column.

I have a very large dataset of manufacturing defect bin data.

My columns are the manufacturing batch IDs (called lots), and then each column is a defect bin, with the numeric value for that particular defect bin for each lot.

1. In JMP Pareto chart, the input needs all defect bins in one column. So, I have to make another table by stacking those defect bins using Table>Stack. This makes an even larger data table. Is there any workaround to this to create the Pareto chart from just the initial table?
  2. After creating this stacked table, I want to get the pareto chart for each lot. I would usually do that by adding lot to x grouping and then adding a filter by lot to the chart. But this still leaves all the empty graphs for other lots (see below screengrab). How can I cycle through the lots like I can do it in other charts made in graph builder?

spoikayil_0-1615824279512.png

2 REPLIES 2
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Filtering Pareto charts by column.

Does the column switcher do what you want?  Here I created a pareto plot of a single variable in the big class sample data, then added the columns switcher using the icon indicated below to swap it out with any other column.  Now clicking any column in the columns switcher list updates the plot.

ih_1-1615844011944.png

ih_0-1615843940032.png

Re: Filtering Pareto charts by column.

For Item 2, I don't think you need to add the lot to the x grouping. You should be able to get what you want with just the data filter.