cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tahirawan111
Level II

Filter out data outside control limit specs

Hi,

I want to make a I-MR control chart. The data has many 'out of control points' which are outside +/-3 sigma control limits. I want to filter out all these out of control points and make a new charts with all points within control limits. How it can be done in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Filter out data outside control limit specs

The quick and easy way is to use the local data filter.

Click on the red triangle menu on the control chart outline bar to find the option.

In this case, I just clicked on the numbers in the filter graph legend and edited them to -1.5 and 1.5.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.53.48 AM.png

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Byron_JMP
Staff

The quick and easy way is to use the local data filter.

Click on the red triangle menu on the control chart outline bar to find the option.

In this case, I just clicked on the numbers in the filter graph legend and edited them to -1.5 and 1.5.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.53.48 AM.png

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
txnelson
Super User

See @Byron_JMP answer above

Assuming you are using Chart Builder, this task is an easy one to do.

1. Bring up the chart in chart builder

2. Go to the red triangle in Chart Builder, and select "Save Limits".

3. While keeping the Chart Builder window open, Click on the original data table to make it the active window.

4. Go to the pull down menu Rows and select

Rows=>Row Selection=>Select Where

5. The Row Selection dialog box will appear

6. Select the column your chart is based on

7. In the comparisons selection down arrow, select "is greater than"

8. In the input box, enter the Upper Control Limit from the Graph Builder output and then click on the "Add Condition" button

9. In the comparisons selection down arrow, select "is less than"

10. In the input box, enter the Lower Control Limit from the Graph Builder output and then click on the "Add Condition" button

11. Now go to the Select row down arrow box and select "if any condition is met"

12. Click on OK

In your data table, all rows that are outside of your control limits have now been selected

13. Go to one of the rows that is selected and hover over the RowState Column(the column with the row numbers)

14. Right click on the selected row, and select "Hide and Exclude"

Now if you go back to your Graph Builder window, the display has been changed to only have the rows where they are inside the control limits.

Jim