cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Katz0801
Level II

Fake points on control chart. Why are they there?

Hello. I have created a control chart where I am looking at recovery over time based on a large database. I have many different experiments in the database so I have used the Local Data Filter so only Experiment Type A results are showing. But these three points highlighted in the red section don't exist. On these dates no experiment A was performed and so the cell for this is blank ("."). Having looked closer at the value of the points it seems to be an average of the other experiments for that date (e.g. the first point is 100.5% with no Experiment A but 95% for Experiments B and C and 111% for Experiment D). So the control chart seems to only follow the local data filter selection if there is data but the decides to average the other results from that day if not. Has anyone had this problem or knows how to solve it. (the data point setting is Average and the Limits are Levey Jennings but the points appear on other control type settings too).

Katz0801_0-1725615152405.png

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Fake points on control chart. Why are they there?

Disabling this option might help

jthi_0-1725633085654.png

You might also want to disable this (depending on your data)

jthi_1-1725633127188.png

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/control-chart-builder-red-triangle-menu-options.s...

-Jarmo