cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
billi
Level V

Factor constraints in custom design

I am using custom design with 3 continuous factors and I am trying to add factor constraint that X1 cannot be greater than X2. I tried using option 'Use disallowed combination filter' but it gives me setting for X1 in decimals (eg. 350.9811). Data table is attached. Is this the correct way to add this type of constraint?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Factor constraints in custom design

Use a linear constraint like this one:

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

Yes, you said that you needed X1 not to be greater than X2, and the constraint works.

So X2 must be greater than X1, after all? You cannot use a script to define constraints with mixture components. (Yeah, I was surprised, too.) That only leaves the linear constraint. So you must decide the amount by which X2 must exceed X2. Set the constraint with the margin on the right side of the inequality, like this:

Capture.JPG

X2 must exceed X1 by at least 0.1 proportion.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Use a linear constraint like this one:

Capture.JPG

billi
Level V

@Mark_Bailey Thank you for help. This works.

billi
Level V

@Mark_Bailey After I add this constraint, the design gives me run which have same values for X1 and X2 factor (shown in data table attached in run 2,3,6,10) and I want to add another constraint so that I do not have any run with same value of X1 and X2. I tried different combinations but was unable to do it. Do I need to use some other option to add the second constraint I want?

Yes, you said that you needed X1 not to be greater than X2, and the constraint works.

So X2 must be greater than X1, after all? You cannot use a script to define constraints with mixture components. (Yeah, I was surprised, too.) That only leaves the linear constraint. So you must decide the amount by which X2 must exceed X2. Set the constraint with the margin on the right side of the inequality, like this:

Capture.JPG

X2 must exceed X1 by at least 0.1 proportion.

billi
Level V

@Mark_Bailey This works. Thank you for your help.