Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JYakura
Level III

FREQ format in Life Distribution Event Plot

Greetings all,

In Analyze > Reliability and Survival > Life Distribution, is it possible to change the format of the FREQ values that appear in the Event Plot?  I see I can change the font size, color, etc., but how can I change it to, say, Scientific Notation with just a few digits?  The reason I ask is because some of the right censored quantities I use are difficult to comprehend when used in presentations because of their lengths, and even more so when there are many rows.

Thanks in advance!

J Yakura

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: FREQ format in Life Distribution Event Plot

Is this what you are looking for?

event.JPG

If this is what you are looking for, just right click on the axis values and go into Axis Settings and set the format to use

Jim
JYakura
Level III

Hi Jim,

Sorry, I should have attached an example.  In the attached plot from Microprocessor Data.jmp, where the right censored line at the top has 'Freq = 122'.  Is there a way to have it plot as, for example, 'Freq = 1.2e02'?

My Time to Event data is actually coming from the Reliability Forecast > Dates Format platform.  I know the date that a device failed, but I can only know that this failure is associated with several production dates.  This seems to require me to assign a fractional failure to each of the associated production dates and quantities.

Many thanks!

J

txnelson
Super User

From what I have been able to surmise, the "Freq = nnn" are handled as a single segment within the Frame Box() of the chart. Therefore, accessing and changing the individual values is not possible.
More experienced Graph Segment Community Members may have a solution, but I do not.
Jim