Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PL
PL
Level II

Scripting to run multiple analyses

Is it possible to write scripts in JMP for running multiple analyses? Many analysis in JMP only allow one response (one input). In the case of hundreds of responses, it needs too much clicking. What are the steps to start a script?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: Scripting to run multiple analyses

I am surprised by your comment.  Most platforms in JMP allow for an unlimited number of responses.  I am interested in which platforms you only see a single response defined.  GRaph Builder???

The easiest way to get a script started, is to run the platform interactively for one of the response columns, and then from the red triangle in the output display, select Save Script=>Script Window.  There you will see the script required to produce the output.

Also, in JMP 16, you can run your multiple steps interactively, and then go to the log and retrieve the scripts required to perform the steps you ran.

Jim
PL
PL
Level II

Hi, i am just a beginner using JMP, still getting familiar with it. See pics attached. These are the ones I meant. But I think I know now how to do scripts in JMP.

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 11.23.54.png

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 11.25.42.png

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 11.23.40.png

txnelson
Super User

Ah......yes the examples you attached are examples of single response variable analyses.  Below, is an example of taking 1 of your examples, Fit Curve, and generating 127 analyses, each with a different response variable

fc1.JPG

Here is the simple script that produced the above output

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$sample_data/semiconductor capability.jmp" );

colList = dt << get column names( continuous );
nw = New Window( "fit curves", lub = Lineup Box( N Col( 3 ) ) );
For( i = 2, i <= N Items( colList ), i++,
	lub << append( Fit Curve( Y( Column( Char( colList[i] ) ) ), X( :npn1 ), Fit Quadratic ) )
);
Jim
PL
PL
Level II

Cool! Thanks!

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Check out the Column Switcher.  It will let you examine multiple columns without scripting.

The documentation will walk you through an example.

-Jeff