Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Extract slope and intercept from Summary of Fit

francescaz

New Contributor

Jun 30, 2017

Hi all,

I need to create a script that extracts slope and intercept from Summary of Fit and then uses them to calculate a cutoff value for my variable. 

The user will first imput filters and remove outliers. When satisfied with the data points, he/she presses a button and get the slope and interecept as shown in Summary of fit, to be used for the cutoff calculation.

Can anybody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

Solution

@francescaz : 
    In order to get the data from summary of fit , please refer to here 

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/JSL-A-script-that-extracts-textbox-information-from-a-bivar...

As for definition of cutoff point , can you define the conditions or share what you have  ? 

Best

Uday

4 REPLIES
uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

Solution

@francescaz : 
    In order to get the data from summary of fit , please refer to here 

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/JSL-A-script-that-extracts-textbox-information-from-a-bivar...

As for definition of cutoff point , can you define the conditions or share what you have  ? 

Best

Uday

francescaz

New Contributor

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you for the link, it's very usefult.

The cutoff is a predefined concentration of analyte, so once the intercept and slope are known, it's easily determined. I'd like to add it to my y as a specification limit but the ultimate goal would be to fill in an xml template with slope and interecept. Is there any way to fill in xml files with jmp?

ian_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Yes. If the XML template exists, you can use 'LoadTextFile()', make the changes and insertions you require using JSL, then use 'SaveTextFile()'. Look in 'Help > Scripting Index' for details of these JSL expressions.

I'm sure you would get more speciifc guidance if you are able to provide an example. 

francescaz

New Contributor

Jun 30, 2017

here is my code so far.

It works as is, just I'd like to get both slope and intercept from Num Col Box(7) and I can't figure out what's wrong with int = num(word(1, eq2)). It returns no number, so I'm getting the intercept from Outline Box(2).

I attach the template xml.

dt = Current Data Table();
biv = dt << Bivariate(Y(:variable1), X(:Conc A), Fit Line());
rbiv=report(biv);

eq1=rbiv[Outline Box(2)][1, 1] << get text; 
eq2=rbiv[Number Col Box(7)] << get text; 

slope = num(word(2, eq2));
int = num(word(3, eq1)); //I'd like to get both numebers from Number Col Box (7), but if set int = num(word(1, eq2)) I get nothing.

Cutoff = int+slope*2.5;
Eval(
Eval Expr(
:variable1 << Set Property(
"Spec Limits",
{LSL( Expr( Cutoff ) ), USL( Expr( . ) ), Target( Expr( . ) ),
Show Limits( 1 )}
)
)
);