cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BigMoney8
Level I

Exporting, Summarizing, Consolidating for External Reports

I've just started using JMP, and I'm struggling with how to export the information I'm getting efficiently for external documents I need to create in MS Word.

I understand how to export results (File>Export), where I'm struggling is figuring out if there are ways to consolidate results, to avoid copy/paste or creating tables and things outside of JMP just to make it "look pretty".

For example, I ran a distribution check of several data columns.  Is there a way to get all the histograms together in one area so I can make that a single picture/figure in my final document?

Another example, as part of the distribution analysis, I ran Shapiro-Wilk tests, is there a way to export all of the results to a single table so that I can use that for my external document?

2 REPLIES 2
StarfruitBob
Level VI

Re: Exporting, Summarizing, Consolidating for External Reports

@BigMoney8 Welcome to the JMP community!

Is this what you're looking for? The script below adds 3 table scripts to Big Class.jmp, so scroll down to the bottom of the table scripts list to see them and interact with them.  The first two are each separate distribution reports.  The last one creates a new window with both reports in them.  This script doesn't save anything though, so I encourage you to browse through the Scripting Index and see what syntax of Save, or other function, is correct for your needs.

Names default to here(1);

dt = open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

dt << New Script( "Distribution 1",

Distribution(
	Nominal Distribution( Column( :age ) ),
	Nominal Distribution( Column( :sex ) )
	)

);

dt << New Script( "Distribution 2",

Distribution(
	Nominal Distribution( Column( :height ) ),
	Nominal Distribution( Column( :weight ) )
	)

);

// Makes a table script - run to see both distribution reports in one window!
dt << New Script( "One window",

New Window( "Combined reports",

V list box( // Distribution 1 report

Distribution(
			Nominal Distribution( Column( :sex ) )
			)			
		),

V list box(  // Distribution 2 report

Distribution(
			Nominal Distribution( Column( :height ) ),
			Nominal Distribution( Column( :weight ) )
			)			
		),

)	
);
Learning every day!
statman
Super User

Re: Exporting, Summarizing, Consolidating for External Reports

Welcome to the community.  I do not have a great answer for you, sorry.  What I typically do is to journal outputs (graphs, tables, etc.) as they are created.  I do this for for all of the analysis for each data table.  Open journal once and each time you journal (Ctrl>J), the subsequent output is appended to the bottom of the open journal.  There are some changes you can make after the outputs are in the journal,.  Then I output the journal to Word and make additional modifications.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box