cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
thickey1
Level III

Exit Codes

Is there a published list of EXIT Codes for JMP when it crashes or when a script dies. I'm getting an exit code "-2" from a script that dies when run in batch mode. It's not my script and I'm trying to debug the issue. It is intermittent like a file contention issue I suspect. 

I wrote a script that runs JMP 15 and writes to a file – this takes 30 seconds to complete. While running, I kicked off another script running JMP12 (a complete separate instance) which also tries to write to this file. It kills the first script due to an access violation but does not report anything of interest in the log. Same behaviour when run in batch more.

error.png

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Exit Codes

Hi @thickey1 ,

In checking with development, JMP does not produce an exit code of -2 nor is there any list of error codes returned by JMP. Return codes in Windows are usually 8 digits, like 0x80010023. In cases where a -2 error has been reported, it is usually a file contention issue as you suspected.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @thickey1 ,

In checking with development, JMP does not produce an exit code of -2 nor is there any list of error codes returned by JMP. Return codes in Windows are usually 8 digits, like 0x80010023. In cases where a -2 error has been reported, it is usually a file contention issue as you suspected.

Hope that helps.

thickey1
Level III

Thanks Ryan. I inherited this system and looking at it today I believe JMP is not the source of this error code. There seems to be intermediate system making the report when the JSL Script Crashes in Batch Mode. I add some continuous logging to try and catch the last 'good' step before the crash to see if I can figure out what is causing this contention. 

Cheers, Troy