cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rverma
Level III

Excluding Rows from subset and main data table

Hello,

I have a main data table and based on values in a particular column of this table, I create a subset (All columns, selected rows). Now I calculate some summary statistics on this subset and based on certain criteria exclude some of the rows in the subset table. I also want these rows to be excluded from the main table which is not happening currently. How can I exclude the same rows from subset and main table at the same time? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Excluding Rows from subset and main data table

You can use the "Link to Original Data Table" option when you subset the data table.  Do your analysis, and then in the subsetted data table, you can select which rows you want deleted.  You can then go back to the original data table where the selected rows in the subsetted table will have also been selected in the original table, and delete the selected rows.  You will not be able to delete them from the subsetted table, you have to go back to the original data table to do the deletions..

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

You can use the "Link to Original Data Table" option when you subset the data table.  Do your analysis, and then in the subsetted data table, you can select which rows you want deleted.  You can then go back to the original data table where the selected rows in the subsetted table will have also been selected in the original table, and delete the selected rows.  You will not be able to delete them from the subsetted table, you have to go back to the original data table to do the deletions..

Jim
rverma
Level III

Thanks Jim. I needed it for my JSL script. As per your suggestion I included word Linked when creating subset and it did exclude the rows in the main table as well.
<< Subset(Selected Rows,Linked);

Thank you very much.