cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Error Message

I am getting this error message while trying to add rows to a data table:    "Some clients of the data table do not allow rows to be added while the table is in use."

What does this mean?  Thanks for any help!

Steve
4 REPLIES 4
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Error Message

programmer speak for "Sorry, a window connected to this table contains a report that depends on the data table not changing.  You'll need to close the window before updating the table."

I'll see if I can track the message down and spruce it up a bit, thanks!

Craige
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Yeah, I gathered that that was what it meant, but I did not have any platforms open.  I ended up calling JMP Tech Support.  The Tech Support person said there was a bug of some sort documented in his system, but he did not see that the bug had been resolved.  The tracking number is

Steve
Craige_Hales
Super User

I see the message with a linked subset table open, which acts a bit like a platform.

Craige
txnelson
Super User

Typically, this means that you have a JMP platform opened for that data table, or that you have a script already in an update operation on the data table that need to keep the data table at the same number of rows.  Close the platforms that are acting on the data table in question, and you should be able to add your rows.

Jim