Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vharibal
Level II

Entering a difference column in jmp tabulate

vharibal_0-1698405500235.png

Hi,

In above graph I looking to add a 3  columns "Delta1, Delta2, Delta3" to the right which evaluates difference between values rxAnt 1,2,3 for Kestrel and rxAnt 1,2,3 for Owl resp i.e 

vharibal_1-1698405744354.png

Delta1 = -97 - (-98) = 1

Delta2 = -97 - (-98) = 1

Delta3 = -100 - (-100) = 0

Can we do this?

5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Re: Entering a difference column in jmp tabulate

Easiest option might be to create them first into the data table as formula or use Summary table instead of Tabulate. Col Min() and Col Max() are useful functions if you create them into your original data table (you could also use Transform column in tabulate but I think creating them into the data table is easier).

-Jarmo
vharibal
Level II

Hi,

Thank you the reply. It helps. I created the diff columns by creating data table from tabulate. It looks like this below:

vharibal_0-1698585313505.png

Now I would like to color values >1 in columns  ANT1, ANT2, ANT3 in green, <=1 in red. 

I want it to be displayed in tabulate itself

How can I do this?

Thank you

jthi
Super User

I don't think you can color the rows in Tabulate. You can make it into a data table and then color the rows there (it will look a bit different though), but in that case it might be better to just create Summary table and color that.

Few wish list items regarding color tabulate:Tabulate cell color coding , Tabulate: Color Dopzone 

Edit: And here is one more Please add conditional formatting capability to tabulate results. Color shading. Etc. 

-Jarmo

Jarmo - Thank you for pointing them to the wish list.  This has been an item for a while and we are hoping to take a bigger look at tabulate and add some of these features in the future.  Your suggestions to color in the table or use Summary are also good options for right now.  

- Mandy

jthi
Super User

You most likely already internally do this, but collecting all similar ideas together might be a good idea (too bad we cannot do it in community, at least not yet?). I think even my idea Graph dependent formulas (scoped formulas) fits this more or less (the difference part) but it might be written in a bit unclear way.

-Jarmo