cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dale_lehman
Level VII

Enhanced log question

In using the enhanced log in JMP 16, I don't seem to get the script for "make into data table" after a tabulation.  I open a file and tabulate and both of those appear in the script.  But when I make the tabulation into a data table no script appears.  If I close the data table I created, closing that file appears - but not the "make into data table."

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Enhanced log question

Make Into datatable doesn't seem to be recorded in Enchanced log, but you might be able to find it from the Source table script of the created table.

(Data Table("Car Poll") << Tabulate(
	Add Table(
		Column Table(Grouping Columns(:sex, :marital status)),
		Row Table(Grouping Columns(:country, :size))
	)
)) << Make Into Data Table
-Jarmo
dale_lehman
Level VII

I'm not sure what you mean by "find it from the Source table script."  I see the first part of the script you show, but the make into data table does not appear anywhere.  Also, why doesn't it show up in the Enhanced Log?  Are there other actions that do not appear?  It would be good to have a list of these.

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Hello @dale_lehman ,

Below is a video showing the procedure @jthi suggests, hopefully that will help you with your current script.

The enhanced log is a new feature in JMP, at the last Discovery Summit the developers mentioned trying to implement as many things in this version as they could but that they did not have time to do everything.  As you find things that do not work with might be worth adding a JMP Wish List: An Overview item to ensure it isn't missed.