cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
thaumaturgy
Level I

Effect Leverage Step-by-Step

I am looking for a good "step-by-step" instruction on how JMP calculates and plots the Effect Leverage Plots for each individual effect in a given model.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
-Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Effect Leverage Step-by-Step

The Applied Statistical Essentials webcast from Predictum covered leverage plots.

See if the two leverage plot episodes give you what you need.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_Perkinson

The Applied Statistical Essentials webcast from Predictum covered leverage plots.

See if the two leverage plot episodes give you what you need.

-Jeff
FuatD
Level I

The link by @Jeff_Perkinson below is not working.  I appreciate it if the link to the webcast can be corrected.

Jeff_Perkinson

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be available any more. Perhaps @wjlevin can find an archive. 

-Jeff
wjlevin
Level III

if you'd like, send me an email ( levin@predictum.com ) and I'll send you a script which walks you through the steps (it's shown on the videos that Jeff Perkinson referred to).

I love leverage plots - really awesome innovation.
thaumaturgy
Level I

wjlevin,
Was that your presentation on leverage plots? THAT. WAS. PERFECT!

That had to be the most perfectly crafted podcast for a stats topic I have ever seen. It had exactly the information I wanted and presented it clearly and succinctly!

THANK YOU!
-Chris
thaumaturgy
Level I

Thanks! I'll take a look through the posted link!

I really like the leverage plots as well as a diagnostic, but when people ask me what they are I am having difficulty explaining it other than to say what the JMP manuals say I should use them to do.
wjlevin
Level III

I came across a recent request and uploaded the original videos to Vimeo.

The first video focusses on how to interpret leverage plots: https://vimeo.com/757403935/be20c9d066.
The second video takes you through a step-by-step in how they are put together to further aid in understanding them: https://vimeo.com/757403925/851d322e48

You’ll see reference to a script there - that is no longer available but it is incorporated in an Add-in. If you are interested in receiving the add-in, please send an email to info@predictum.com and ask for the Illustrations & Modeling aids add-in.

statman
Super User

Just a note the video links are reversed.  The top link is Leverage Plots 1

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box