cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
maghizhbalaji
Level II

Dynamic Change of Y-Axis settings with data filter

Hi,

This is Balaji & basically i'm a quality engineer.

Here is my situation:

I have a raw dimensional data [In Stack format] for different dimensions from different plant & from different machines [1 plant will have multiple machines]

I have made some box plot through graph builder to compare the process spread b/w diff. plants & diff. machines.

In order to visualise the Specification limits along with process spread, i used decorate spec limits through axis settings. 

Since the raw data involves multiple dimesions, i can not create muliple axis setting settings. 

Is it possible to change the axis settings dynamically through data filter option of dimension column? [i.e] based on the selection of dimension, Spec limits should be changed in the plot. 

Also it'd would be more helpful, if you share any other options to compare the data through box plot along with spec limits. 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Dynamic Change of Y-Axis settings with data filter

What you need to do, is to turn the Automatic Recalc on for the chart you want changed.

Under the red triangle, select
Redo==>Automatic Recalc

You also need to make sure that you have selected the "Include" option in the Data Filter

Jim
maghizhbalaji
Level II

Re: Dynamic Change of Y-Axis settings with data filter

Thanks for your reply.

Here i am explaining more in detailed, for better understanding of my requirement about axis settings dynamic change through local data filter.

Below is the ideal graph output that i needed for 2 dimensions, say Dim#1 & Dim#2

Dim#1: [When i filter Dim#1 through local data filter, Dim#1 box plots with USL & LSL limits shown. These limits has been defined in axis settings -> Reference lines manually]

Picture#1.png

Dim#2: Similarly when i filter Dim#2, Dim#2 box plots with USL & LSL limits shown. These limits also has been defined in axis settings -> Reference lines manually]

Picture#2.png

Below one is the reality: I have set Spec limits for both Dim#1 & #2 through axis settings -> Reference lines. When i try to visualise Dim#2 box plot, i am seeing both Dim#1 & #2 Spec limits, which will create a confusion.

Picture#3.png

Actually i am trying to visualise single Dimension's box plot along with respective spec limits alone. meaning, i'd like to remove other dimensions spec limits.

Can it be done through any script? or Do we have any other option apart from this graph builder to visualise the line wise/machine wise box plot comparison along with spec limits?