cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ew_jmp
Level I

Duplicating a Graph Builder plot?

Is it possible to duplicate a Graph Builder plot/configuration?

Basically, my workflow entails setting up the axis/factors and then dropping in different [parametric] data columns to get a quick glimpse of what the boxplots/histograms look like -- I'd like to then be able to duplicate that Graph Builder window/tab and then play with other columns. My pain-point is that I have hundreds of columns, so saving me the headache of filtering and scrolling through for even two items can save me a lot of time.

I've uploaded a simplified screenshot/example of what I'm after: I'm looking for the distributions of 'size' and 'station_type' for certain data (column 'blah') and I want to create another Graph Builder window/tab with the same format so I can quickly drop a different 'blah' in.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Duplicating a Graph Builder plot?

Also check out Redo->Relaunch which shows you a launch dialog for graph builder, using a lot of the current settings. Saving the script to the script window captures all of the current settings.

Craige

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,
The simples way to scan through different columns in Graph Builder is to use the Column Switcher tool that can be found under the main GB menu > Redo > Column Switcher.
Otherwise scripting might be required if you need to automate the process further.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
Craige_Hales
Super User

Also check out Redo->Relaunch which shows you a launch dialog for graph builder, using a lot of the current settings. Saving the script to the script window captures all of the current settings.

Craige
ew_jmp
Level I

Thanks! That's the ticket! Appreciate the responses.