cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jaykim
Level I

Dunnett’s tests in repeated measures

Hi,

I have data collected from a repeated meaures study.  Each subject's physiological data were measured eight times and 18 subjects participated in the study. The first measurement will be used as a reference value and compared with other 7 measures. So, I would like to use Dunnett's test instead of using Tukey HSD. Is there any simple way to do it?

Thanks,

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

You can use the Fit Y by X platform. Set measured variable as Y, sampling (1-8, Nominal or Ordinal) as X and Subject as Block. Then under the red triangle pick "Campare Means --> With Control, Dunnett's". You will be asked to specify which level that is treated as control.

Script example:

dt = Open( "$ENGLISH_SAMPLE_DATA/Blood Pressure.jmp" );

dt << Oneway(

Y( :BP 8M ),

X( :Dose ),

Block( :Subject ),

With Control( 1, {"Control"} ),

Comparison Circles( 1 )

);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

You can use the Fit Y by X platform. Set measured variable as Y, sampling (1-8, Nominal or Ordinal) as X and Subject as Block. Then under the red triangle pick "Campare Means --> With Control, Dunnett's". You will be asked to specify which level that is treated as control.

Script example:

dt = Open( "$ENGLISH_SAMPLE_DATA/Blood Pressure.jmp" );

dt << Oneway(

Y( :BP 8M ),

X( :Dose ),

Block( :Subject ),

With Control( 1, {"Control"} ),

Comparison Circles( 1 )

);

jaykim
Level I