cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jrphage
Level I

Does jmp allow the contents of a cell to be a hyperlink

Is it possible in jmp to make the contents of a cell a hyperlink such that when a user clicks on a cell it can open the hyperlink?

16 REPLIES 16
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Does jmp allow the contents of a cell to be a hyperlink

Check out this sample table that ships with JMP.

sas offices.jmp in the sample data foldersas offices.jmp in the sample data folder

It might not be obvious, but the pictures have links as well. You can use the red triangle to save the script (perhaps without row data!) to see how you might script it. It is easier to use the GUI to study the Event Handler script. This example has slightly more complicated scripts to drive the google maps. @sheila_loring 

Craige
sheila_loring
Staff (Retired)

There are a few things that would help illustrate this concept: - I'll add notes to the data table column headers to make it clear what each column demonstrates. - The help topic (https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/15.0/?os=win&source=application#page/jmp/add-hyperlinks-to-text-...) needs to explain Craige's point -- that it's helpful to study the Event Handler script in the UI. Sheila Loring
txnelson
Super User

Attached is the simple 2 row data table you asked for

Jim
JensRiege
Level IV

Thanks so much for the example. This helps me understand how the event handler works. -Jens

JensRiege
Level IV

Again thanks for the example. I was able to implement it and get it to work on my data table. However, if I want to export the file to Excel, the links are not kept as part of the cell format. Do you know if there is a way to preserve the links when saving in Excel format?

Thank you!

Craige_Hales
Super User

JensRiege
Level IV

Thank you Craig. I will give that a try. :)