cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Does any one have the script of bootstrap F2 which is used for the comparison of dissolution curves?

Bootstrap f2 is used for the comparison of dissolution curves in pharma industry. I am trying to figure out if any one has built a script for this?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does any one have the script of bootstrap F2 which is used for the comparison of dissolution curves?

May not be a ready to use script, but a presentation shared in the community.

Or even better with video and examples Multivariate Testing of the Similarity of Dissolution Curves (EU2018 104) 

/****NeverStopLearning****/
Piet_Hoogkamer
Level III

Re: Does any one have the script of bootstrap F2 which is used for the comparison of dissolution curves?

I would like to see such a script, we did not develop it yet. We typically run the bootstrap in Matlab but have it available in R as well.

You could think about calling the R or Matlab bootstrap routine from a JMP script.

However, it is not just about the bootstrap routine, it is also about selecting time points and being able to combine results from several batches.

Creating a script doing it all is quite a task.

Piet
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

I wrote a script to do F2 calculations a few years ago.  I'll rummage through my archives to see if I still have a working copy. 

-Dave
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

sorry - turns out it did F2 calcs but didn't do bootstrap intervals.

-Dave
Eitan
Level II

Can you please share the script for f2 calculation, and explain how to arrange the data table?

Thanks

Piet_Hoogkamer
Level III

Please find enclosed the script and an example dataset, which will illustrate how to organize the data.

You need to subset the dataset by medium, which will give you four datasets, one for each medium.

Select as grouping column either 'type' or 'batch': 

- With 'type' a comparison is made between all 3 reference batches (merged) versus all 3 test batches (merged)

- With 'batch' a comparison is made between a single reference and a single test batch.

Piet
Piet_Hoogkamer
Level III

Please note that the script is for calculation of the f2 metric as is, no bootstrapping is performed.

Piet
Eitan
Level II

Thanks

I succeeded running the script, it is very helpful.

Do you have a script for bootstrapping of dissolution data?

Thanks so much for your support,

Eitan

Piet_Hoogkamer
Level III

This functionality will likely become available with JMP 17, see 

Dissolution profile comparision-Pharmaceutical industry - JMP User Community

Piet