cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
john_madden
Level VI

Does JMP GPU-accelerate math operations?

(1) I'm curious if JMP makes use of GPU to accelerate math (e.g. matrix) operations (on Mac, on Windows).

(2) As far as graphics operations, I'm aware that on Windows, there is an option for using GPU to accelerate graphics. What about on Mac?

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does JMP GPU-accelerate math operations?

Hi John,

1. JMP does not GPU accelerate math operations on either Mac or Windows.

2. JMP for Mac accelerates graphical operations as the hardware and OS permit. This is always enabled.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi John,

1. JMP does not GPU accelerate math operations on either Mac or Windows.

2. JMP for Mac accelerates graphical operations as the hardware and OS permit. This is always enabled.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

woz_s
Level I

hi Brian,

in regard to JMP using GPU acceleration for graphical operations, do you know if there have been any bugs reported under macOS Catalina for JMP 15? and also for hardware setups that utilize an external GPU? i recently updated to JMP 15 and noticed that it seems to be unable to use either of the discrete GPUs in my macbook pro no matter what i do (external or internal) - including disabling automatic graphics switching in system preferences to force the system to use the discrete GPU for everything.

thanks,

Oz Suzer

Western Digital Corporation

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 2.26.23 PM.png