cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DMR
DMR
Level V

Display of drop-down menus on an external monitor

Hi - whenever I connect my laptop to a wall-based monitor in my organisation's conference rooms, all drop-down menus and tool tips that are built into a JMP application that I've written fail to be reproduced on the external monitor, which makes delivering a demo difficult. Can this be rectified by changing a setting within JMP?  I'm running JMP Pro 13.0.0.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Display of drop-down menus on an external monitor

I believe this is a monitor setting issue as opposed to a JMP issue - especially if you are connecting wirelessly.  I have run into this before, but don't remember the exact sequence of clicks.  I do remember that there was icon associated with the connection in the lower right menu bar panel and that by clicking that there was a setting the needed to be toggled that allowed the dropdown menus and other hover help items display on the monitor.

HTH

Bill

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I believe this is a monitor setting issue as opposed to a JMP issue - especially if you are connecting wirelessly.  I have run into this before, but don't remember the exact sequence of clicks.  I do remember that there was icon associated with the connection in the lower right menu bar panel and that by clicking that there was a setting the needed to be toggled that allowed the dropdown menus and other hover help items display on the monitor.

HTH

Bill

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I've occasionally seen similar behavior but only if JMP was running when I connected the display. In that case, quitting JMP and restarting it resolved the issue. Is that your experience as well?

-Jeff
DMR
DMR
Level V

Hi Jeff - unfortunately no: starting up JMP after connecting the monitor doesn't resolve the issue, and the enabling/disabling of hardware accelerated graphics doesn't seem to do it either.  I'll try to get it fixed by fiddling with the controls on the external monitor, but failing that I'll just apologise to the audience :)

Many thanks,

David

DMR
DMR
Level V

Thanks Bill - that rings true: it is indeed a wireless connection.  I'll try to leave enough time to have a play with the controls prior to the next presentation.

Many thanks.

Craige_Hales
Super User

Try turning off JMP's preference for hardware acceleration. 

JMP on Windows has a hardware acceleration preferenceJMP on Windows has a hardware acceleration preference

Craige
kardopaska
Level II

um what? i'm on Win10 both JNK 11 and 12 don't have the option you have?um what? i'm on Win10 both JNK 11 and 12 don't have the option you have?

I'm having MAJOR scroll lag when click draggin the scroll bar to the top or bottom of a 1000-line data table... I didn' thave this problem on Win 7?

@Craige_Hales wrote:

Try turning off JMP's preference for hardware acceleration. 

JMP on Windows has a hardware acceleration preferenceJMP on Windows has a hardware acceleration preference