Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Disable exit dialog

gandi2223

Community Trekker

Oct 1, 2014

Is there a way to disable the dialog that's shown upon exiting JMP ("Closing this window will cause JMP to exit. What would you like to do?"). No other program requires a confirmation of this type, I don't see why JMP should. Clicking the X in the top right of the window (on a Windows machine) should be enough to quit JMP, no further questions required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hold the phone - I looked a little more, and there is a command line option that can be used to disable that exit warning:

-NoExitWarn

So if you open the properties of the shortcut from which you start JMP, and add "-NoExitWarn" to the end of the Target: property (the JMP command line), you will not get the confirmation dialog when you close the last JMP window.

HTH,

Eric

5 REPLIES
erichill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Hey, gandi2223,

Sadly, I do not believe we have an option to turn off that confirmation dialog.  If you can train yourself to quit JMP by using the Ctrl+Q menu shortcut, however, you will not get that prompt.  I understand that that means you are having to teach yourself to close JMP using a non-standard mechanism.  But that's the workaround we have.  If you feel strongly about this, I would suggest contacting JMP Technical Support and making this request.

Thanks,

Eric

Solution

Hold the phone - I looked a little more, and there is a command line option that can be used to disable that exit warning:

-NoExitWarn

So if you open the properties of the shortcut from which you start JMP, and add "-NoExitWarn" to the end of the Target: property (the JMP command line), you will not get the confirmation dialog when you close the last JMP window.

HTH,

Eric

mcstagger

Community Trekker

Oct 6, 2014

Where did you find this out?

erichill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

I peeked at the source code (I am a JMP employee). I am currently unsure whether there is a set of command line options that we test and therefore can document, but -NoExitWarn seems like a fairly safe one.

Eric

mcstagger

Community Trekker

Oct 6, 2014

Ah, got it. Thanks!