cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sfigard
Level III

Difference in Risk Ratio stats between JMP 15 & JMP 16?

OK, have I got a question for y'all!  I'm teaching survival analysis and looking at Proportional Hazards Fit and Risk Ratios.  In JMP 15 I'm getting a Prob>Chisq of <.0001 for my risk ratios (yes, it's an odd dataset where the differences in survival are rather large) with understandable 95% confidence limits.  I've assumed this is testing the Ho that the risk ratio is not significantly different from a value of one.  (Could be wrong there.)  In JMP 16, however, evaluating the exact same data, I'm getting a Prob>Chisq of 0.9987 and zero for the lower 95% CI and nothing for the upper.  Can anyone explain what is going on here?

Forging ever onward,
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Difference in Risk Ratio stats between JMP 15 & JMP 16?

Steve, I would report this anomaly to JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com). It looks like a bug to me. Could be a code change that caused a regression. We usually have unit tests to catch such things.

I notice that the Wald chi-square is calculated correctly but it is way different from the likelihood ratio chi-square, which is also calculated correctly. I also notice that you have complete separation in the response, which can be a problem case.

harard.PNG

What if you treat it as a nominal logistic regression?

sfigard
Level III

Re: Difference in Risk Ratio stats between JMP 15 & JMP 16?

Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.  The data itself is artificial and used for teaching survival analysis, so it is designed to have a significant difference (although it is a rather large difference).  In the past there hasn't been a problem interpreting the numbers.  I'm not sure how one would treat this as a nominal logistic regression given the structure of the data.  I will send the question over to tech support and see what they can come up with.

Forging ever onward,