cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Determine the Half Fractional Factorial Design

I have 4 continuous factors, each at two levels. I am trying to analyze half factorial design, however I am confused on which is "half" when selecting from the list. There seem to be three options and page 308 of the JMP 15 Handbook is confusing me slightly...

Eric_Johanson_0-1619749317913.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Determine the Half Fractional Factorial Design

The first three in the list are 1/2 fractions of a 4 factor full factorial design. The first in the list will provide a design that does not incorporate any blocking. The other two incorporate blocking. So if you have some reason to incorporate blocking you'll need to choose from either the second or third in the list. If you don't know what 'blocking' is, I suggest getting ahold of "Statistics for Experimenters" by Box, Hunter and Hunter and read up on the concept and techniques. Then read the rest of the book too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
P_Bartell
Level VIII

The first three in the list are 1/2 fractions of a 4 factor full factorial design. The first in the list will provide a design that does not incorporate any blocking. The other two incorporate blocking. So if you have some reason to incorporate blocking you'll need to choose from either the second or third in the list. If you don't know what 'blocking' is, I suggest getting ahold of "Statistics for Experimenters" by Box, Hunter and Hunter and read up on the concept and techniques. Then read the rest of the book too.

Cheers, thanks!