Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Amp
Amp
Level I

Design space for 4 variables

We designed an RSM model for the optimization of 4 variables that are used as a combination. Once the results are obtained how do we obtain the design space (sweet spot) for all 4 variables together? 

Please help.

Many Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Design space for 4 variables

Hi @Amp,

Welcome in the Community !

When you have collected the results, you can then fit a model with the "Fit Model" platform, and once you have obtained a satisfactory model that explains results variation from a statistical and domain points of view with your factors and different effects, you can use the Design Space Profiler, accessible in the options from the red triangle of the Profiler. This will enable to identify an experimental area respecting the different specifications and objectives (upper/lower, or both) in your responses.

I hope this info will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
Amp
Amp
Level I

Hi Victor,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I was able to obtain the design space profiler. However, what I am looking for is a design space for all the 4 variables combined. These are mixture variables and I need to find the ideal range of each variable when used in combination to maximize the output.

Many Thanks!

Victor_G
Super User

Hi @Amp,

In the link I have provided, if you read the notes :

"The Design Space Profiler is not designed to handle mixture factors".

I would recommend using the Mixture Profiler. If you specify USL and LSL for your responses, you'll be able to determine the experimental area available, and the corresponding range/ratio of mixture factors.

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
statman
Super User

I'm a bit confused, so my response may make little or no sense.  I thought from your first post you ran some sort of RSM for 4 factors.  In your last post, you now say it was a mixture design.  Two different "animals".  If you ran a mixture design, you should be analyzing the data using the mixture profiler.  

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/?os=mac&source=application#page/jmp/mixture-designs.shtml%2...

JMP will give you a contour map for the response in the space created by your mixture design. 

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box