cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Spoopy
Level I

Deselecting portion of contour plot

I've accidentally clicked a portion of a contour plot and the text is bolded with the box having stripes across it. How do I deselect this portion of the contour plot? Right clicking to Deselect didn't seem to do anything, and the annoying thing is that when I try to copy the graph as a graphic, the image shows the highlighted/selected box with the bolded text and the striped box.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Deselecting portion of contour plot

Several different platforms support contours of different types.  Can you provide an example and also which platform and version of JMP you are using?

Spoopy
Level I

It is JMP 15 and I mistakenly said a contour map when I meant a heatmap! Very sorry for the confusion!

In most places where selection is supported, shift-click will extend selection (select more items without deselecting the old) and ctrl-click (command-click on Mac) will toggle the selection of the clicked item.

In the data table, you can also clear row selection or column selection by clicking in the areas shown:

danschikore_0-1676078207360.png

statman
Super User

Welcome to the community.  Not sure this will work but here. WAG...If you look at your data table are there certain rows that are highlighted?  (From your selecting a portion of the heat map). If so try: Rows>Clear Row States

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box