cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CrazyStudent
Level I

Delete row legend and colour markers in their original colour (black)

Hey altogether,

I am looking desperately for an answer to my question. I used the option "row legend" on a one-way ANOVA. Now the markers are coloured, but i do not know how to undone this. My goal is it to have the markers in their original colour e.g. black. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Delete row legend and colour markers in their original colour (black)

The Row Markers are Row State values in the data table.  So, go to the data table, right click on the area at the top of the Row State Column (the column where the row numbers are), and select "Clear Row States".  That will clear all of the markers and colors.

Jim

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
txnelson
Super User

The Row Markers are Row State values in the data table.  So, go to the data table, right click on the area at the top of the Row State Column (the column where the row numbers are), and select "Clear Row States".  That will clear all of the markers and colors.

Jim
CrazyStudent
Level I

Thank you so much!

Nazarkovsky
Level IV

Dear Sir,

Could you please advise the solution for the case when lots of rows are "hidden & excluded" randomly and the colored markers must be decolorized without touching the hidden-excluded rows, since the option for "Clear Row States" desactivates also excluded values. Yes, I can clear everything and perform excluding values again - this way, however, is not quite rational.
To be brief, how to desativate colors of markers preserving status of excluded-hidden rows? You helped me yesterday a lot, btw.
Thanks
Reaching New Frontiers
txnelson
Super User

You can clear all of the selections by simply clicking on the lower half of the square at the top of the Row State Column

deselect.PNG

I very strongly suggest that you take the time to read both the Discovering JMP and Using JMP documents.  They will provide you with the above types of items that will make your using of JMP far more pleasant, and far less mysterious.  You can find them in the Documentation Library under the Help pull down menu

Help==>Documentation Library

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You might also find value in a Row State column. A row state column will let you store and retrieve row states quickly.

From the documentation:

Similar to assigning row states to rows, you can create a column that contains only row state information. A row state column stores information about whether rows are excluded, hidden, labeled, colored, marked, or selected. To designate a column as a row statecolumn, in the Column Info window next to Data Type, select Row State.

image.png

-Jeff
Nazarkovsky
Level IV

Wow, Mr. Perkinson! I have just tried and it has worked well out! It is brilliant. Sure, according to our colleague, I've got to read more theory in order to avoid such simple questions. You know, these questions appear mostly when one gives him(her)self away up to pure practice learning something new in the course of processing more cases. 

I highly appreacite your help.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,

Michael 

Reaching New Frontiers

You can also change the individual row states for each row. This simple scripts assigns the black color (default) to all the rows without affecting any of the other current row states, default or not.

For Each Row(
	Color Of( Row State( Row() ) ) = 0;
);

Simple copy this code, select File > New > Script, paste the code, then run the script.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

@Mark_Bailey's response reminded me that you can reset ALL rows back to black markers by selecting all rows (Ctrl/Cmd-A) and then choosing the black color from the Rows->Color menu.

ResetColors.gif

-Jeff