Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jueefo
Level II

Datatable script to get data on the original datatable

Hi,

I have created an empty datatable and a script in it. The script gets data from the database, but it will open a new datatable for the data.

Is it possible and how to open the data in the original datatable which has the script?

The JMP version used 15.2 is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Datatable script to get data on the original datatable

Is there a reason you want the original script in a datatable?  You could save your script as a .jsl file and have that open the new data and add any new columns/scripts to it.  You can also have the script run automatically and close itself after the table is created.

If there is another reason to run it from a table, you can concatenate or join the new data back to your original table.

dtCurrent = Current Data Table();

dtNew = Open( .. some database query ..);

dtCurrent << Concatenate( dtNew, Append to first table );

dtNew << Close Window;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Is there a reason you want the original script in a datatable?  You could save your script as a .jsl file and have that open the new data and add any new columns/scripts to it.  You can also have the script run automatically and close itself after the table is created.

If there is another reason to run it from a table, you can concatenate or join the new data back to your original table.

dtCurrent = Current Data Table();

dtNew = Open( .. some database query ..);

dtCurrent << Concatenate( dtNew, Append to first table );

dtNew << Close Window;
jueefo
Level II

Thanks, that works!

The question why to use a datatable instead of the .jsl file is very good. And I do not have a good answer. I am just starting with jsl-scripts, so I might be using not so good methods. I will rethink how to do this.