cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

'Data Table Window' option in JMP 13

In previous version of JMP there was a 'Data Table Window' option in the menu that isn't there in JMP 13.  Ctrl+Alt+D is the shortcut to pull up the data table, but this doesn't work on private tables.  Is there an easy way to make a table show up in JMP 13?

Unfortuneately, I no longer have JMP 12 installed as of this week so these little annoyances are no longer little.  If you know anything please respond! Thanks!

No Data Table WindowNo Data Table Window

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 'Data Table Window' option in JMP 13

The JMP 12 'Script' menu was split into the new 'Redo' and 'Save Script' menus in JMP 13.  The 'Data Table Window' option does not fit well under these, but it does appear in the 'Redo' menu if there is more than one report in the window.

If you have only a single report, I would suggest using the toolbar option 'Show Data Table' on Mac:

Mac-data-table-window.png

or the status bar icon on Windows:

Win-data-table-window.png

I hope these are useful alternatives..

-Dan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The JMP 12 'Script' menu was split into the new 'Redo' and 'Save Script' menus in JMP 13.  The 'Data Table Window' option does not fit well under these, but it does appear in the 'Redo' menu if there is more than one report in the window.

If you have only a single report, I would suggest using the toolbar option 'Show Data Table' on Mac:

Mac-data-table-window.png

or the status bar icon on Windows:

Win-data-table-window.png

I hope these are useful alternatives..

-Dan

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks for your reply, it was really helpful and got me looking in the right direction.  

Investigating a little more: Like you said, the Redo only shows the Data Table Window option if there are multiple reports, and it will show private tables.

The status bar icon doesn't show the button when you have a private table, so works the same as the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+D.  You can also find this option under View -> Associated Data.

The most consistent way I found is to use Window -> New Data View.  (Just a note: This button makes the table visible if it's private or invisible, but will create a new table/view if the table is already visible.)