cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lara90
Level I

DOE custom design factor combinations

I am designing an experiment (2 level DOE) where my factors come from two sources, an incubator that has 4 factors to be controlled and shake flasks with 3 factors. I have 3 incubators and each one can hold 12 shake flasks. I want to implement a design where the shake flask settings (12 shake flasks each with different settings) are the same for each incubator setting. Is this possible in jmp?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: DOE custom design factor combinations

When you define the factors, change the Changes setting from Easy to Hard for the factors around the incubator.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When you define the factors, change the Changes setting from Easy to Hard for the factors around the incubator.

Wibo
Level I

You can replicate the runs over the three incubators, from a DOE point of view it would be less efficient (you use more runs than strictly necessary), compared to considering 8 independent factors, incubator entity being one of those.
I can imagine you may have practical reasons to do the same thing on each incubator. In these situations, I like to construct a DOE table and use the "Evaluate Design" feature. The platform already provides comparison to full factorial design, I always look at "fractional increase of confidence interval". You can also compare to other scenarios, e.g., a D-optimal design with the same number of runs.