Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eldad_galili
Level III

DOE constrain not working

Hi All,

I have JMP 16, and I want to design a DOE with the attached factors and the below constrains.

When I get the stage of the design test it ignor the constrain, without any warning messege.

Can anybody help me with this?

Suplier == "Finland" & ("\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n == "160" | "\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n ==
"180") & ("\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "80-20" |
"\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "60-40" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n ==
"50-50") & (Unraveling time == "105" | Unraveling time == "120") & (
Sealing material percentage == "0.5" | Sealing material percentage == "1" |
Sealing material percentage == "1.5")

Thanks,

Eldad

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: DOE constrain not working

I suspect that it is the way that you have defined your disallowed combinations with ANDs between all the conditions. I don't think that it is defining the disallowed combinations that you intended.

I have broken out the conditions that you have linked with ANDs into separate lines to try and make more sense of it:

Suplier == "Finland" 
& ("\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n == "160" | "\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n =="180") 
& ("\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "80-20" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "60-40" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "50-50") 
& (Unraveling time == "105" | Unraveling time == "120") 
& (Sealing material percentage == "0.5" | Sealing material percentage == "1" | Sealing material percentage == "1.5")

Perhaps this way of defining the disallowed combinations works better:

(Suplier == "Finland" 
& ("\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n == "160" | "\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n =="180"))
|
(Suplier == "Finland"
& ("\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "80-20" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "60-40" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "50-50"))
|
(Suplier == "Finland"
& (Unraveling time == "105" | Unraveling time == "120"))
|
(Suplier == "Finland"
& (Sealing material percentage == "0.5" | Sealing material percentage == "1" | Sealing material percentage == "1.5"))

Here each condition is separated with an OR.

See the attached Custom Design that was created with these disallowed combinations.

I would have some concerns about how useful this experiment is because most combinations are disallowed when Suplier = Finland. But again, maybe that is not what you intended.

It might help if you can state in words the nature of the disallowed combinations that you have in your experiment.

I hope this helps,
Phil

View solution in original post

eldad_galili
Level III

Thank yoy very much, your suggestion of changing between "and" to "or" worked!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Kay
Staff

I suspect that it is the way that you have defined your disallowed combinations with ANDs between all the conditions. I don't think that it is defining the disallowed combinations that you intended.

I have broken out the conditions that you have linked with ANDs into separate lines to try and make more sense of it:

Suplier == "Finland" 
& ("\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n == "160" | "\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n =="180") 
& ("\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "80-20" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "60-40" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "50-50") 
& (Unraveling time == "105" | Unraveling time == "120") 
& (Sealing material percentage == "0.5" | Sealing material percentage == "1" | Sealing material percentage == "1.5")

Perhaps this way of defining the disallowed combinations works better:

(Suplier == "Finland" 
& ("\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n == "160" | "\!"Nazal\!" Amount"n =="180"))
|
(Suplier == "Finland"
& ("\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "80-20" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "60-40" | "\!"Long-Short\!" fiber ratio"n == "50-50"))
|
(Suplier == "Finland"
& (Unraveling time == "105" | Unraveling time == "120"))
|
(Suplier == "Finland"
& (Sealing material percentage == "0.5" | Sealing material percentage == "1" | Sealing material percentage == "1.5"))

Here each condition is separated with an OR.

See the attached Custom Design that was created with these disallowed combinations.

I would have some concerns about how useful this experiment is because most combinations are disallowed when Suplier = Finland. But again, maybe that is not what you intended.

It might help if you can state in words the nature of the disallowed combinations that you have in your experiment.

I hope this helps,
Phil

eldad_galili
Level III

Thank yoy very much, your suggestion of changing between "and" to "or" worked!!