cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RD_0991
Level I

DCE Experiment Design Choice Sets

Hello everyone,

I am trying to learn how conduct a study which includes to analysing a willing to pay by discrete choice experiment. Never use such a method so may I ask some questions.

3 attribute: A1: 2 level A2: 2 level A3 (price): 3 level. > 3x2x2= 12 product option

I didn’t understand which approach is more accurate. In the first one; for two options each choice set 12x11/2= 66 choice set options so it is all possibilities. On the second one; directly 12 product options/2=6 choice sets. Which one describes to full factorial design?

In the second one, it is applicable to ask 6 questions per survey. But in the first one we must use fractional design by JMP. I have encountered both statements in the literature so it is confusing.

Additionally, while conducting the design analysis in the JMP program, how do you decide how many options to reduce? (number of choice sets per survey)

And also is there a useful document to explain how I can calculate a D-efficiency ratio if I use DOE on JMP.

I may have made mistakes while asking the questions. I am also in the learning process. thank you in advance

Add: I realized I asked too many questions:)  Whichever you answer it makes me happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Georg
Level VII

Re: DCE Experiment Design Choice Sets

Dear @RD_0991 , your questions are hard to understand for me.

Did you read the manual Choice Designs (jmp.com)?

And did you play with the provided examples (e.g. in Statistics Index or Scripting index, search for "choice" and perform).

Probably this will help to make the next step.

Georg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Georg
Level VII

Re: DCE Experiment Design Choice Sets

Dear @RD_0991 , your questions are hard to understand for me.

Did you read the manual Choice Designs (jmp.com)?

And did you play with the provided examples (e.g. in Statistics Index or Scripting index, search for "choice" and perform).

Probably this will help to make the next step.

Georg