cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Johnanderson
Level II

Customize graph

Dear JMP Experts,

I would like to inquire about the Fit Y by X>customize graph pop up window (bellow). Is there any trick that can help to change, color or the line style for all the lines at once? I know that I can fit multiple correlations, for example, by holding the key Control. Is there something similar here? Thanks!

Capture.PNG

John anderson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Customize graph

Hi @Johnanderson,

There isn't a way to broadcast a selection in the customize panel the way you can within a report (i.e. holding the control, or command key). When I have to make changes like this when there are hundreds of lines to customize I usually resort to scripting. Have you used JMP scripting before? With a few modifications you could accomplish this with the following script:

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Cholesterol Stacked.jmp");

//launch the oneway analysis
ow = Oneway(
	Y( :Y ),
	X( :Time ),
	Matching Column( :Patient ),
	X Axis Proportional( 0 ),
	Matching Lines( 1 ),
);

//wait for 2 sec so you can see the change
Wait(2);

//make a referernce to the frame that's holding the lines
owFB = Report( ow )[Framebox( 1 )];

//loop through from 1 to 20 (patients) and set the line style
for(i=1,i<=20,i++,
	owFB << DispatchSeg(LineSeg(i), {Line Style("Dotted")})
);

To make this work for your situation you would need to replace the analysis script I used with your own, and modify the number of lines that need to be styled (I had 20 sets in this example).  

I hope this helps!

@julian 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Johnanderson,

There isn't a way to broadcast a selection in the customize panel the way you can within a report (i.e. holding the control, or command key). When I have to make changes like this when there are hundreds of lines to customize I usually resort to scripting. Have you used JMP scripting before? With a few modifications you could accomplish this with the following script:

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Cholesterol Stacked.jmp");

//launch the oneway analysis
ow = Oneway(
	Y( :Y ),
	X( :Time ),
	Matching Column( :Patient ),
	X Axis Proportional( 0 ),
	Matching Lines( 1 ),
);

//wait for 2 sec so you can see the change
Wait(2);

//make a referernce to the frame that's holding the lines
owFB = Report( ow )[Framebox( 1 )];

//loop through from 1 to 20 (patients) and set the line style
for(i=1,i<=20,i++,
	owFB << DispatchSeg(LineSeg(i), {Line Style("Dotted")})
);

To make this work for your situation you would need to replace the analysis script I used with your own, and modify the number of lines that need to be styled (I had 20 sets in this example).  

I hope this helps!

@julian 

Johnanderson
Level II

Hi @julian , I appreciate your response. I never used scriting in JMP, as all the process that I conduct are strait forward. I will consider using scritping going forward. Many thanks!

John anderson