cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Johnanderson
Level II

Customize graph

Dear JMP Experts,

I would like to inquire about the Fit Y by X>customize graph pop up window (bellow). Is there any trick that can help to change, color or the line style for all the lines at once? I know that I can fit multiple correlations, for example, by holding the key Control. Is there something similar here? Thanks!

Capture.PNG

John anderson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Customize graph

Hi @Johnanderson,

There isn't a way to broadcast a selection in the customize panel the way you can within a report (i.e. holding the control, or command key). When I have to make changes like this when there are hundreds of lines to customize I usually resort to scripting. Have you used JMP scripting before? With a few modifications you could accomplish this with the following script:

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Cholesterol Stacked.jmp");

//launch the oneway analysis
ow = Oneway(
	Y( :Y ),
	X( :Time ),
	Matching Column( :Patient ),
	X Axis Proportional( 0 ),
	Matching Lines( 1 ),
);

//wait for 2 sec so you can see the change
Wait(2);

//make a referernce to the frame that's holding the lines
owFB = Report( ow )[Framebox( 1 )];

//loop through from 1 to 20 (patients) and set the line style
for(i=1,i<=20,i++,
	owFB << DispatchSeg(LineSeg(i), {Line Style("Dotted")})
);

To make this work for your situation you would need to replace the analysis script I used with your own, and modify the number of lines that need to be styled (I had 20 sets in this example).  

I hope this helps!

@julian 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Johnanderson,

There isn't a way to broadcast a selection in the customize panel the way you can within a report (i.e. holding the control, or command key). When I have to make changes like this when there are hundreds of lines to customize I usually resort to scripting. Have you used JMP scripting before? With a few modifications you could accomplish this with the following script:

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Cholesterol Stacked.jmp");

//launch the oneway analysis
ow = Oneway(
	Y( :Y ),
	X( :Time ),
	Matching Column( :Patient ),
	X Axis Proportional( 0 ),
	Matching Lines( 1 ),
);

//wait for 2 sec so you can see the change
Wait(2);

//make a referernce to the frame that's holding the lines
owFB = Report( ow )[Framebox( 1 )];

//loop through from 1 to 20 (patients) and set the line style
for(i=1,i<=20,i++,
	owFB << DispatchSeg(LineSeg(i), {Line Style("Dotted")})
);

To make this work for your situation you would need to replace the analysis script I used with your own, and modify the number of lines that need to be styled (I had 20 sets in this example).  

I hope this helps!

@julian 

Johnanderson
Level II

Hi @julian , I appreciate your response. I never used scriting in JMP, as all the process that I conduct are strait forward. I will consider using scritping going forward. Many thanks!

John anderson