cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Creating an autorun or exe file for the JSL script

Hello:
I have a JSL script, but when i want to run it, it open the jump window and the script, and then i have to hit running man to make it run.. is there a simple way to make an exec file or have a autorun feature embedded into it, so that on clicking it will without going thru the jmp program and having to click the run ?? thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattf
Level V

Re: Creating an autorun or exe file for the JSL script

Page 447 of the JMP Scripting Guide

//!
Function:
If placed on the first line of a script, this comment line causes the script to be run when opened in JMP without opening into the script editor window.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

It may be possible in Windows, but I can't really tell since I only have JMP for mac (on the mac it seem not to be possible since JMP AppleScript support declined sharply since version 4).

Here's a workaround that works for all platforms. The On Open property can be assigned to JMP scripts attached to a data table. Such scripts run when the data table is opened. Hence you can have a dummy data table (.jmp) instead of an .exe to automatically run a script with a doubleclick on the file. See page 133 in the JMP Scripting guide (v.8) for details.
mattf
Level V

Page 447 of the JMP Scripting Guide

//!
Function:
If placed on the first line of a script, this comment line causes the script to be run when opened in JMP without opening into the script editor window.
tsandidge
Level III

Since this is still relevant, I wanted to update the page number according to what the Scripting Guide has.

Pages 50,55, and 90
Each indicate using
//!

at the very beginning of the file will cause it to auto-run without opening the script editor or further mouse clicks.

As for the making it executable, I'm currently working on a solution to use a JMP script in a Windows' automatic task (reoccurs regularly or when triggered by some other event). I'll update with the details if it becomes necessary.