cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Creating an autorun or exe file for the JSL script

Hello:
I have a JSL script, but when i want to run it, it open the jump window and the script, and then i have to hit running man to make it run.. is there a simple way to make an exec file or have a autorun feature embedded into it, so that on clicking it will without going thru the jmp program and having to click the run ?? thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattf
Level V

Re: Creating an autorun or exe file for the JSL script

Page 447 of the JMP Scripting Guide

//!
Function:
If placed on the first line of a script, this comment line causes the script to be run when opened in JMP without opening into the script editor window.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

It may be possible in Windows, but I can't really tell since I only have JMP for mac (on the mac it seem not to be possible since JMP AppleScript support declined sharply since version 4).

Here's a workaround that works for all platforms. The On Open property can be assigned to JMP scripts attached to a data table. Such scripts run when the data table is opened. Hence you can have a dummy data table (.jmp) instead of an .exe to automatically run a script with a doubleclick on the file. See page 133 in the JMP Scripting guide (v.8) for details.
mattf
Level V

Page 447 of the JMP Scripting Guide

//!
Function:
If placed on the first line of a script, this comment line causes the script to be run when opened in JMP without opening into the script editor window.
tsandidge
Level III

Since this is still relevant, I wanted to update the page number according to what the Scripting Guide has.

Pages 50,55, and 90
Each indicate using
//!

at the very beginning of the file will cause it to auto-run without opening the script editor or further mouse clicks.

As for the making it executable, I'm currently working on a solution to use a JMP script in a Windows' automatic task (reoccurs regularly or when triggered by some other event). I'll update with the details if it becomes necessary.