cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
david_arteta
Level III

Create a subset by ID based on column maximum value

Hi group,

Using JMP 14, I have a dataset where I have measurements of an analyte on several individuals over different visits. I would like to subset the dataset keeping only the row for the last visit for each individual. How can I interactively do this (no scripting if possible)? I attach a simplified version of the dataset with only 4 individuals. The resulting dataset should have only 4 rows with the latest visit information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Create a subset by ID based on column maximum value

1.  Create a New Column, say Max Visit, with formula Col Maximum( :Visit, :ID )
  2. Select from the Main Menu > Rows > Row Selection > Select Where .... Visit equals, Compare Column, Max Visitimage.png
  3. Table > Subset > use the default settings OK produces the table below

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

1.  Create a New Column, say Max Visit, with formula Col Maximum( :Visit, :ID )
  2. Select from the Main Menu > Rows > Row Selection > Select Where .... Visit equals, Compare Column, Max Visitimage.png
  3. Table > Subset > use the default settings OK produces the table below

image.png

david_arteta
Level III

Thanks @gzmorgan0 for your quick and useful answer!