Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dsm
dsm
Level I

Create a Tree Box in Application Builder

I'd like to add a dynamic Tree (Tree Node) object to a dialog in my Application Builder project. There is no container (Tree Box) available to drop into the dialog.

Is there a way to add the Tree Box container after the dialog is built through scripting or some other container?

Thank you,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Create a Tree Box in Application Builder

Hi @dsm - you can definitely use JSL scripts to add to anything that App Builder does not have drag-and-drop support for.  You can create a layout that contains everything that you are able to define statically, and then switch to the Scripts tab.  There is a separate script for the Application and for each Module (usually the same as a window).  The window, and the statically defined boxes, are created at the point of the statement thisModuleInstance << Create Objects in the script.  After that point, you can create and append other boxes, or send messages to the boxes that were created automatically.

danschikore_0-1650387358561.png

Hope that helps!

-Dan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Create a Tree Box in Application Builder

Hi @dsm - you can definitely use JSL scripts to add to anything that App Builder does not have drag-and-drop support for.  You can create a layout that contains everything that you are able to define statically, and then switch to the Scripts tab.  There is a separate script for the Application and for each Module (usually the same as a window).  The window, and the statically defined boxes, are created at the point of the statement thisModuleInstance << Create Objects in the script.  After that point, you can create and append other boxes, or send messages to the boxes that were created automatically.

danschikore_0-1650387358561.png

Hope that helps!

-Dan