Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
UserID16644
Level V

Copy paste data from different table

Hi all,

I have 2 data tables, the main table (dt) and a summarized table (dt2). I wanted to get the Disk quantity (Nrows) from dt2 and distribute it on dt, matching each Disk column. How can I get the values of Disk from dt2 and paste it into dt with the same Disk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Copy paste data from different table

1. Click on the main table to make it the current active data table.
  2. Go to       Tables=>Update   In the Update Dialog Window select the Summary table and to match based upon the column Disk                                             txnelson_0-1652412879897.png

3. Click on OK and the data from table 2 will be added to the original table                                                                           txnelson_1-1652413086309.png

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Copy paste data from different table

1. Click on the main table to make it the current active data table.
  2. Go to       Tables=>Update   In the Update Dialog Window select the Summary table and to match based upon the column Disk                                             txnelson_0-1652412879897.png

3. Click on OK and the data from table 2 will be added to the original table                                                                           txnelson_1-1652413086309.png

Jim