cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
r30363
Level I

Control chart limit is not a straight line

I have many parameters, some parameters had the UCL label, but not all the parameters, example of the below chart, the UCL label is not showing, also red line had rectangle shape in and out. Why is this? Are there features to turn on and off to fix this? 

Thanks lot

r30363_0-1667928768270.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
statman
Super User

Re: Control chart limit is not a straight line

I'll wager a guess you do not have a constant subgroup size.  You probably "assigned" the subgroup by some variable and it was different for that one subgroup.  This is also why there is no number given as it depends on the subgroup.

As a side note, you really don't want to have varying subgroup sizes as this defeats the purpose of control chart method (to identify which sources of variation have greatest effect).

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

I'll wager a guess you do not have a constant subgroup size.  You probably "assigned" the subgroup by some variable and it was different for that one subgroup.  This is also why there is no number given as it depends on the subgroup.

As a side note, you really don't want to have varying subgroup sizes as this defeats the purpose of control chart method (to identify which sources of variation have greatest effect).

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
r30363
Level I

Thanks, that is indeed why.