cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
A_Zaid
Level III

Contour plots: how to change both its smoothness and the value range represented by each colour on the colour scale?

Hi JMP Community,

I'm trying to generate contour plots and so I tried both the "Contour Plot" (CP) and "Graph Builder" (GB) methods. I noticed that CP gives me the freedom to customise not only the colour scale (i.e. which colours and in which order), but also the range that each colour on the scale represents (e.g. blue = 0-10°C, green = 10-25°C, red = 25-45°C). However, CP doesn't seem to have the option to change the smoothness of the plot and so the contours are fixed to having sharp edges.

GB, on the other hand, allows me to change the smoothness and to customise the colour scale (i.e. which colours and in which order) via the "Customise Color Theme" option, but not the range of each colour. When customising the colour theme, there are arrows that can be slid - I'm assuming these are meant to change the ranges, but even if so, it would be an inefficient approach as it will be based on trial-and-error and I have quite a few defined ranges that I want to set for these colours.

So my question is: is there a way to change the smoothness using CP or to (more efficiently?) change the ranges using GB such that I can change both on the same platform?

Thanks in advance!

Ahmed

1 REPLY 1
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Contour plots: how to change both its smoothness and the value range represented by each colour on the colour scale?

In GB, right click on the legend, and then click on gradient. increase the number of labels to get more color levels.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)